|Home » Articles » Create income|
10 ways to increase your online sales
By Jakob Jelling
Online selling has become a very popular business. Not only does it fetch you good money but it also saves you from the hassles of direct selling. Here are some good tips which can be useful to increase your sales.
1) First, you can submit to a leading search engine. This can either mean submitting keywords or actually advertising on the search engine. As a result, more people can find you and approach you for your product.
2) You can add a link to a related product along with the original product on your site. This not only fetches you more money from the customer but also makes a good impression about the variety of products available on your website. For e.g., if a customer is buying a trouser, add a link related to shirting.
3) Provide discounts in shipping and transportation or if possible, make it free for large orders. It is often seen that shoppers hate to pay the transport fares and the postage & handling.
4) Do NOT add any hidden amount in your invoices. It irritates the customer & makes him think thrice before proceeding. Chances are that he leaves the site as soon as he feels insecure about the price.
5) Be on the top when it comes to customer service. A good customer service not only impresses the customer & makes him buy the product but also increases the professional standard of your website.
6) Create an attractive shopping place. Your website should have that appealing look which will make the customer more interested in you. Good site content will fetch more people. Your site should be easy & interesting to navigate. A customer should have a happy shopping experience
7) You should add reviews about your products so that people can know the product that they are buying well. People trust other people (who have bought the product) more than the company’s review.
8) Start your own newsletter or E-zine to maintain a relation with the existing customer & bringing them back to your site. This helps you widen your database. Provide special offers to repeat customers.
9) It should be kept in mind that having less people – more sales is always good than more people – less sale. Hence you should spend on advertising on leading websites & place attractive banners to get noticed.
10) You should provide ample discounts & bonuses & freebies
to stay ahead in the competition. You should know that there are 99 other
sites which are selling the same product which you are selling & unless
and until you have something special about your offer, no one is going
to approach you. Such discounts should coax people to buy ‘online’ & should
come as a surprise to the customer.